West Coast Animal Veterinary Emergency Specialty Hospital (WAVES) is a brand new independent emergency and multi-specialty hospital in Victoria BC open since April 2019. We are currently recruiting experienced Registered Veterinary Technicians for numerous positions within the hospital including emergency/critical care, Internal Medicine, and our Rehab department. WAVES is located in the heart of the West Shore, approximately 20 minutes from downtown Victoria. If you love the outdoors, and are looking for year-round recreation opportunities with a flexible schedule, then this is the place for you! Our mission at WAVES is to provide exceptional specialty veterinary care. We strive to provide pet owners and primary veterinarians access to exceptional medicine with dedicated doctors and support staff in a warm, family environment.
– Owned by hands-on veterinarians
– Flexible schedules
– Medical insurance benefits for full-time employees
– Fun events
– Competitive salary and benefits
– Cutting-edge medical equipment and technology
– State-of-the-art facilities
– Continuing education opportunities
– In-hospital communication and leadership training
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential job functions, plus roles and responsibilities will be discussed during the selection process. These may include:
• Preferably, has a minimum of 1-2 years direct experience as a veterinary technician (experience in emergency or specialty medicine is a plus).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as mental reasoning and mathematics skills.
• Willingness to learn, be guided, and pursue continuing education opportunities.
• Ability to be confident around animals, showing proper safety and restraint techniques (i.e. dogs, cats, avian, exotics).
• Understand that patient needs and work volume may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. This position requires special hours including working evenings, weekends, possible overnight and holidays.
• Possess sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform duties while in the hospital including the ability to manipulate (lift, carry, move) 50 lbs. or more; walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch intermittently, and stand for long periods of time.
* Registration with an accredited provincial association is required.
An ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, an energetic attitude, empathy, and enthusiasm for helping both clients and patients. They will be committed to furthering their education, thereby providing the most advanced care to their patients.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief introduction that helps us get a sense of why you want to work with WAVES, how you think, and what you care about.