VCA Canada Alta Vista Animal Hospital has an opportunity for a Registered Veterinary Technologists (RVT) to join our established network of highly skilled professionals. The Registered Veterinary Technician, Treatment, is a full time, 15 month position. Hours of work are a mixture of days, evening, weekends and overnights, working with a team of other RVTs and assistants. This position will work in conjunction with the ICU treatment team for care of all in-hospital patients. This position reports directly to the Technical Resource Manager. Qualifications and attributes you must embrace to be successful in this role;
- Strong ability to problem-solve
- Ability to thrive in a steady and often fast paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues and pet parents
- Assessment, triage, and care of ill patients
- Hourly treatments including feeding, administering medications, assessing pain/status, restraint, lifting patients
- Anesthetics, X-rays, laboratory work
- Stock, cleaning and maintenance of treatment area
- Registered Veterinary Technician or eligible to register
- Fluent in English (Reading, Writing and Oral)
- Able to support patients 50kg and lift up to 25 kg
VCA Canada Offers!
At our core are our people – people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. A team we think of as family. When you join our family, VCA Canada offers:
- Comprehensive compensation structures that include wellness days, sick days and vacation time.
- Continuing education benefits
- Exceptional career development
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- NAVTA and professional dues
- A network of highly educated and skilled professionals!!
- And extra perks!
VCA Canada Cares
At VCA Canada we don’t see an animal, we see a family member. VCA Canada embraces a culture of giving back to the communities we serve and demonstrates this philosophy through our national philanthropic program, Paw it Forward. Please visit our website to learn more, www.vcacanada.com.
To apply, please visit: https://vca.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/Ottawa-Ontario/Registered-Veterinary-Technician–Treatment—-VCA-Canada-Alta-Vista-Animal-Hospital–12-month-contract-_R-21847 or email:
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.
Benefits: Additionally, we offer a generous compensation package including health and dental insurance, paid vacation, employee discounts, CE, and more.