VCA Canada Mississauga-Oakville Emergency Hospital is seeking a Pharmacy Technician or Assistant to join our team of highly skilled professionals. This full-time, temporary position has the potential to lead to a permanent role. The Pharmacy Technician/Assistant is crucial team member who we rely on to assist in managing inventory, providing excellent service to our departments and patients as well as maintaining our client’s confidence in our abilities.
- Pharmacy functions: timely and accurately filling prescriptions; locating stock items for internal use and maintaining internal pharmacy-related documentation.
- Inventory management: inventory counts; maintaining stock hospital wide; placing, receiving and distributing orders as well as meticulous record keeping.
- Communicating with outside pharmacies and suppliers in order to continually meet our diverse and changing needs.
- Coordinating with the Technical Managers to resolve equipment issues where required.
- Ensuring the cleanliness and organization of the pharmacy area
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- RVT preferred, but consideration for non-RVTs will be made for the right candidate.
- A high level of knowledge or experience with medications in the veterinary or human field considered an asset.
- Previous Veterinary Hospital experience an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks / projects.
- Proven ability to take initiative, work independently as well as in a team.
- Computer literacy including good working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Willing to take on tasks outside of the pharmacy duties when needed.
- Flexibility and the ability to adjust to a changing environment.
VCA Canada Offers! At our core are our people – people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. A team we think of as family. VCA Canada offers:
- Comprehensive compensation structures that include wellness days, sick days and vacation time.
- Continuing education benefits
- Exceptional career development
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- Professional dues
- Scrub allowance
- A network of highly educated and skilled professionals!
- And extra perks!
VCA Canada Cares At VCA Canada we don’t see an animal, we see a family member. VCA Canada embraces a culture of giving back to the communities we serve and demonstrates this philosophy through our national philanthropic program, Paw it Forward. Please visit our website to learn more, www.vcacanada.com
Interested? To apply for this position, copy the link below into a web browser to apply through our internal career site:
Have a question? Email: Careers.ca[email protected]
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.
Benefits: Additionally, we offer a generous compensation package including health and dental insurance, paid vacation, employee discounts, CE, and more.