CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting Permanent Full-Time Unionized opportunity in the
By-Law & Compliance, Licensing & Permit Services Department
for an experienced and motivated individual
Animal Control Officer
(JOB # J0919-1068)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
Responsible for monitoring compliance with by-laws related to animal control in the City of Vaughan, and any contracted municipality, including identifying, investigating and reporting offences; and enforcing such by-laws in accordance with applicable legislation/regulations, as appropriate.
Qualifications and experience:
- Successful completion of a two (2) year Community College Diploma in Veterinary Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities.
- Minimum of two (2) years related animal control experience.
- Experience in enforcement processes as it relates to animal control, municipal, and provincial legislation.
- Good organizational and report writing skills, accompanied with computer literacy and the ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public and staff.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Incumbents must be able to lift and move animals or objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Valid Ontario Class ‘G’ drivers license, in good standing.
- Availability to work rotating shifts and available to be on call, 24/7.
- Successful completion of a criminal background investigation.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please click here to apply online by Monday October 14, 2019.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs